Recent reports reveal that the number of women seeking breast reduction has increased. Many of the women who are unhappy with their enlarged breasts are also concerned about breast sag (ptosis). For these patients, Montreal plastic surgeon Dr. Arie Benchetrit offers the option of breast lift with reduction.
In this blog post, Dr. Benchetrit outlines the differences between breast reduction and breast lift with reduction.
What Breast Reduction Accomplishes
The primary goal of breast reduction is to reduce the size of the breasts. It also improves the appearance of shapeless breasts. Breast reduction accomplishes the following:
- Removes breast tissue for a smaller breast shape that is more proportionate to the overall figure
- Reshapes the breast tissue for a more aesthetically-pleasing shape
- Resizes nipples and areolas that are overly large or stretched out.
What Breast Lift with Reduction Accomplishes
Breast lift with reduction is essentially a two-part procedure. The goal of breast lift with reduction is to create smaller, perkier breasts by doing the following:
- Removing breast tissue for a smaller breast shape
- Reshaping the breast tissue for a more aesthetically-pleasing shape
- Resizing overly large/stretched out nipples and areolas and moving them higher on the breast mound
- Removing excess, loose skin and tightening the remaining skin
- Repositioning the breast mound higher on the chest wall for a more youthful appearance
Choosing a Treatment
The first step towards beautiful breasts is to schedule a personal consultation with Dr. Benchetrit. During your consultation, Dr. Benchetrit will perform a physical examination of your breasts, noting certain things like skin laxity and the current position of the breasts on the chest wall. Using this information, he will recommend a treatment plan that best achieves your desired outcome. To help you better visualize your results, Dr. Benchetrit will use Vectra 3D photography, one of the most sophisticated planning tools available to plastic surgery patients today. With the Vectra 3D imaging system, Dr. Benchetrit takes a three-dimensional picture of your breasts that he can view on a computer screen. He will then work with you to explore how different breast sizes and other changes will look on you. This allows you to “preview” your results while giving you peace of mind in the decisions you make regarding your breast enhancement treatment.
To learn more about breast reduction and breast lift with reduction, call or email us and schedule a consultation today.